the C I V I T A S papers
Friday, June 17, 2005
 
Psst...It's Friday Spies©

See last week's edition here.

This week's Friday Spies©:

1. Which relationship will last longer, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie ("Brangelina"), or Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes ("TomKat")?
I tried to care about this question. I skipped it and came back (twice). I thought...I googled...and, I still don't care at all.


2. Less importantly, which will have nuclear bombs first, North Korea or Iran?
First, let me point out that that the question presumes, among other things, the following: (a) North Korea does not have nuclear bombs and (b) Iran does not have nuclear bombs.
That said, I believe both countries have equal ability to acquire nuclear bombs: North Korea through creation and Iran through purchase/donation/collusion. Considering that the latter approach may be more easily or more quickly accomplished -- especially for a country with friends who wish ill upon America.

3. What is your dream car?
While most define a dream car as necessarily having an element of unattainability, I do not. The cars which I consider most appealing are those which are attainable which, as a consequence of being within reach, intensifies their appeal. Since I was a young boy, I have had a crush on Jeep Wranglers and, having had the opportunity to drive a Wrangler with the top down on several sunny summer days, that crush continues to this day. In more recent years, the Honda S2K has established itself in my mind as a car which is a dream to drive and, hence, I would define it as a "dream car."


4. What book have you read the most times?
There are several possible interpretations of this question. I choose to understand the question as defining "read" as including partial reading and perusing. For the purposes of this question, however, I choose to exclude textbooks and other solely-school-required reading. I know that I will probably change this answer several times hence but, for the time being, I believe that I have read former Sen. Robert Dole's Great Political Wit more than other books, provided the above definition and exceptions. It is a classic and a necessary volume for any home or office library.


5. Are you a matchmaker?
No.



<< Home

Powered by Blogger