the C I V I T A S papers
Thursday, June 09, 2005
 
Books

I bought a book (article) tonight that I hope to start in a few days, just as soon as I finish this book.

My wife, who just recently finished Reading Lolita in Tehran and My Enduring Love, stuck with her theme and bought The Bookseller of Kabul.

These books also caught my eye: John Brown: Abolitionist, The Authobiography of Medgar Evers, and Christopher Hitchens' Thomas Jefferson: Author of America.

P.S. In grabbing links for the above paragraph, I found another book, Cloudsplitter, which is a fictional story based on the live of John Brown's son and is written by the author of The Sweet Hereafter.

UPDATE: Via Jeremy, Sunday's NYT included an Alan Dershowitz review of In the Shadow of the Law [Amazon].



<< Home

Powered by Blogger