the C I V I T A S papers
Tuesday, August 17, 2004
 

Gil Smart, a columnist for Lancaster Newspapers, seems to agree with my confusion with the pacificist Amish's support for this president.

This past Sunday, we had the pleasure of hosting my sister for a few hours as she traveled home from her summer "job". We enjoyed breakfast at one of our absolutely favorite spots. As I was paying and preparing to leave, I noticed a sticker/magnet on the cash register from SlowFoodUSA. "One of our favorite spots" just became our favorite spot. If you aren't already aware the SlowFood movement, it's a "back to basics" concept for food, hoping to turn-around the prevelance of fast food (see Super Size Me).

If you're going to be in or near Central PA this weekend, check out Mount Gretna's incredible arts festival.

Yesterday, I was reminded of a time long long ago. A friend of mine, Nate/Nathan Emeritz, introduced me to a new kind of music; we would sit in his family's home in D.C. and just listen to music. U.N.I.T.Y. for one. But, there was one album in particular which I just couldn't stop listening to. Yesterday, I heard some of that album again...and it instantaneously transported me back: the album.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger